In addition to the main tracks, we running an unconference track this year. An unconference is simply a track in which ANY attendee is able to register to speak.
It'll go something like this:
- Start preparing your talk (15 minute or 45 minute).
- Show up on the conference days and register your talk. You'll be assigned a talk slot on the 30th or 31st.
- Give your talk at the assigned time on the uncon-stage.
- You did it!
Do you have something that you want to say? Register for the uncon in the morning of the 30th and you'll find yourself with a stage. Registering for the uncon is first-come first-served and will occur DURING the event. Feel free to get creative!
Some simple talk design tips:
- Talk about something that you're passionate about. The words will flow much more easily.
- Start designing your talk from the part that you're most interested in. You can build the beginning and end much more easily if you've fleshed out your favorite bits first.
- Record yourself giving the talk and watch it. You'll see where transitions from one idea to another could use some polish. It's also very helpful to know how long the talk runs.
- Once you put the ideas together, look for anything that you can cut to make the talk more dense / interesting. It's always better to have a shorter talk that you're really pleased with.